Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Caroline Abott

Hola people, Caroline has been coming up on Google images! I had already seen the picture of her on Doll Diaries, but now pics of her collection have been coming up. Caroline's collection is very different for AG.


See what I mean? A boat. Wow. This is cute, but the boat looks really small, like even shorter then the doll. The size makes it look a bit silly, in my opinion. And from the picture, it looks like it's made of plastic. Ugh. More plastic, American girl? And I'm sure that this is going to be like 200 dollars, even though it probably costs a few dollars to make in some factory in China. And yes, all AG items are made in China. And anyway, you couldn't actually use it, because the doll would probably fall in the water. Cute idea, Ag, but not very functional. Ugh, I spent way to much time on that. On to the dress. Ah, the dress. It is sooo pretty!!!! It looks like It has a little jacket on top of the dress, with little buttons. From the photos we have seen so far, It looks like Caroline will be coming from a wealthy family, so she will have lots of pretty dresses : )



Wow. Wow. Wow. This is just awesome. I love the pretty color scheme, and it looks so detailed. I love the window seat, and I hope that the drawers will open, so you can store stuff in it. I just love everything about this. Except ( you knew this was coming, right? I thought so. ) for the fireplace. From what I can see, it looks like a painting, and not even a very good one? Couldn't AG have made the fireplace real? I mean, even the Journey Girls one is better. American Girl is supposed to be about detail, and historical accuracy. Now, it seems like all its about is the money, not the girls. This makes me really sad. Really, really, really sad The dress, however, is pretty cool. So far, I think I like Caroline's beautiful clothes more then her ... uh, boat and parlor. The only good thing I can say about it is that it seems like a room, and AG may make more of these. That would be really cool.


And this is Caroline. I love, love, love her! Some people have said that she looks too much like Lanie, but She has longer hair, and if you look closely, (sorry that this pic is so small, but still) she has very pretty green-grey eyes. Anyway, Lanie is retired, and some people may actually want a doll that looks like Lanie. I love this. People have also said that she is just the typical blonde with blue eyes, but this is not true. AG actually only has one Historical doll with blonde hair and blue eyes, Kit. I think that people just think that because they expected Caroline to be a redhead. Her dress, however, does look way too much like Felicity's summer dress.  Caroline has the classic mold, and a doll with this mold has not been made for a long time. I just love this doll so much, and she may become part of my doll family someday. Caroline will be available in stores on September 4th.

Sincerely,
Addie


No comments:

Post a Comment